CLUBS AND SOCIETIES: CALL FOR INTEREST
The ODU is looking for champions who'd like to setup and run OD Interest groups, clubs or societies as well as wanting to encourage ODs to find and join a club or society that appeals to them.
We (the Groups and Clubs Sub Committee) are able to assist with setting these up by providing:
- Access to communication tools (like newsletters) to canvass for members for your group.
- The OD Website - for show casing news and group events.
- An OD Website Group management tools - for managing membership and communication.
- Use of the Mitre and other resources (where possible)
- OD Social Media Channels for sharing your message
Rules of the Game:
The idea is that each group would run itself whilst generally observing ODU principles.
- Adhere to ODU Guiding principles
- Use OD Connect/OD website for displaying group activities and events and managing membership
- The group encourages and supports the objectives of the ODU to it's members (e.g. use of OD connect by it's members)
- Try to establish a team of 3+ ODs to manage the group, so as to keep up momemntum and safeguard the future of the group.
Initial research shows an interest in various sport (rugby, hockey, running, water polo) and culture (music, arts). With technology available, these groups can certainly be international with local events, and we'd encourage as such.
History, Horticultural, Wine, Drama, Art, Law, Investments, Medical, Literary, Educational Business, Small Business, Private Equity Agricultural, Advertising, Engineering science and Technology, Political Economic IT / Digital Gaming, Wildlife, Sailing,Geographic Mountaineering, Skiing, Horse racing, Motor racing, Psychology, Astrology, Maths, Theology, Architecture, Music, Philosophy, Chess, Bridge, Anthropology, Retailers, Hospitality, DIY and Property development.
Sports Club Ideas:
Golf, Rowing, Waterpolo, Rugby, Cycling, Road running, Athletics, Cricket, Soccer, Hockey, Tennis, Squash, Croquet and Bowls
Should you wish to discuss anything further or initiate a group, feel free to contact any of the ‘Societies & Clubs Sub Committee’ members:
• Simon Koch - [email protected]
• Len Worthington Smith - [email protected]
• Dave Macgregor - [email protected]
• Brendan Jenman - [email protected]